Monday, March 30, 2009

sweaty crease 18



Play, unknowingly.

swcrease18.nfo

1. play the music
2. look at photos
3. play again if music stops


John Martyn - Don't Want To Know
pressed in 1973





































and i don't want to know 'bout evil
only want to know about love
i don't want to know 'bout evil
I only wanna know about love


sometimes it gets so hard to listen
hard for me to use my eyes
and all around the cold is glistening
making sure it keeps me down to size

and i don't want to know 'bout evil, only wanna know about love
i don't wanna know one thing about evil, only wanna know about love

i'm waiting for the planes to tumble
waiting for the towns to fall
i'm waiting for the cities to crumble
waiting till i see you grow

yes, it's getting hard to listen
hard for us to use our eyes
'cause all around the gold is glistening
making sure it keeps us hypnotized

and i don't wanna know 'bout evil, i only wanna know about love
i don't wanna know about evil, only wanna know about love

i don't wanna know anything 'bout evil, only wanna know about love
i don't wanna know about evil, only wanna know about love

i don't want to know about evil, i only wanna know about love
i don't want to know anything about evil, only want to know about love



















"There is nothing, basically. I mean it quite literally.

But then how do things emerge? Here, I feel a kind of spontaneous affinity with quantum physics, where you know, the idea there is, that the universe is a void but a kind of positively charged void and then particular things appear when the balance of the void is disturbed. And I like this idea of spontaneously very much, that the fact that it's not just nothing - things are out there. It means something went terribly wrong. That, what we call creation is a kind of a cosmic imbalance, a cosmic catastrophe. That things exist by mistake. And I'm even ready to go to the end and to claim that the only way to counter act is to assume the mistake and go to the end. And we have a name for this, it's called 'love.' Isn't 'love' precisely this kind of a cosmic imbalance? I was always disgusted with this notion of 'i love the world, universal love...' I don't like the world. I dont know - basically I'm somewhat in between 'i hate the world or i'm indifferent towards it.' But the whole of reality, it's just it, it's stupid. It is - out there. I don't care about it. Love for me is an extremely violent act. Love is not 'I love you all.' Love means I pick out something. And, it's again, this structure of imbalance. Even if this something is just a small detail, say a fragile individual person, I say 'I love you more than anything else.' In this quite formal sense, love is evil."
- Slavoj Zizek (cut)

No comments: