Thursday, July 16, 2009

sweaty crease 42



Play, thematically.

swcrease42.nfo

1. play the music
2. look at photos
3. play again if music stops


Abacothozi - Theme Maboneng
pressed in 2008
























I read the first line, re-read it and stopped.












I had to admit, I could not have introduced that article with any words but those. I closed my eyes, thought I could guess the following sentence, and there it was, word for word. I covered the text with my hands and went along removing my fingers inch by inch, opening words letter by letter like a poker player squeezing his cards, and they were precisely the words I was expecting. I then tried the most unexpected words, neologisms, archaisms, a fucking hell out of the blue, brilliant metaphors that I came up with on the spot, and whatever else I conceived of was already printed there under my hands. It was harrowing, it was like having an interlocutor that continuously took words from my mouth, it was agony. It was like having a plagiariser who preceded me, a spy in my skull, a leak of the imagination.













I began to look askance at the lad and thought of challenging him face to face, pressing him against the wall, but soon another lad was hired, and another, and Alvaro succeeded in imposing my style on all of them, almost leading me to believe that my own style, back at the beginning, had also been the result of his manipulation. - Chico Buarque (cut)

No comments: