Friday, January 02, 2009

Day One - First Contact

The expanse of ice and frozen tundra daunts me. And, as I traipsed about, I sensed signs of life. These signs are, however distant and unrecognizable, the only hope I see for survival. I made up my mind to make contact because my supplies dwindled and madness threatened. Drinking a bottle of red to celebrate the new year bolstered my courage to try and send a sign of good will to announce my presence.


'Get A Dog.' I wrote into the blue.

Of course, the only indication of any language to communicate in was the tome and thesis 'Read This Text' by Daniel Coffeen, an old scribe. So I copied, and in a sense, mimicked, his style. Three simple words set in a straight line: A Suggestion, an Article, and a Noun. Hopefully, it would be intelligible. It was an old text and the binding was worn and the letters hard to read. I waited for a response.

One day later - a reply.

"HAvent seen Wall-E, but in strict defense of a friend and mentor, I say Fernando, your blog is a piece of shit. its boring and exaclty what id expect from someone like you. go filter yourself you miserable jerk. sorry ry"

Hnm. A long reply and it will take some time for me to translate this drivel as it is now, only nonsensical. But, with time, with rumination, I'm sure it will become meaningful.


As for now, I will attempt communication after I set out my signs and sounds of intelligence on this here ice-float.

No comments: